5% Off Storewide to Celebrate National Day! Enter "SGDAY5" At Checkout. Valid till 9 Aug 2022, 11:59pm. Shop Now!

Nokia N95 – Support Forum

T9 Library, reset or edit? [Nokia N95 - 141579]

• Badger1000

Is it possible to reset the T9 library or even edit it? I have typed the words 'you' and 'she' hundreds of times but recently I used the abbreviations for Windows file names 'wmv' and 'pif'. I have only ever typed these ONCE and now EVERY time I type 'you' or 'she' it comes out 'wmv' of 'pif'. This is very annoying, there should be a rating value associated with each word so it will suggest the most commonly used word first.

Cheers. 

• anitalg

http://www.expansys.com/ft.aspx?k=76770

dont know if that helps, its on the N80 forum? 

• Badger1000
Unfortunately because someone at Nokia decided the N95 can only run signed applications I cannot run this app. or most of the apps I ran on my previous N Series phone. I've had the N95 for 6 months now and it's still less use than my N70 because of this.
  • anitalg
:o(  Sorry, was wandering round and found it, thought it might help.  The buggers!
  • Badger1000
Cheers for taking the time ;-)

Hi Badger1000, try the following (you have the N95, yes?):

1) Open a new message.

2) Type in the word it gets "wrong" (such as "wmv"). Press the "*" until the word you *want* is displayed (such as "you").

3) Type in a space with the "0" key.

4) Repeat steps 2 & 3 until it gets the correct word first time. It usually takes 3 or 4 goes, but it could be more!

Finally, close the message (& delete it) then create a new message and try the word once more. It should now be back to normal! 

Repeat the whole thing for each problematic word. 

• Badger1000

Fixed!

Brilliant!

Thanks very much, how did you find that little trick????

• anitalg
Will sticky this to save everyone else struggling!
  • Badger1000
Good idea. Cheers.

LOL I spent a couple of days looking at the format of the dictionary file it creates, sussed most of it, then someone posted that tip on another forum ;-)

Still, saved me the hassle of writing a dictionary editor (my original plan)!!!

• Badger1000
It helped me greatly. Cheers.

I've had an n95 now for a few weeks and one thing i miss is intelligent texting! Used to have the SE w850i and t9 on that was ace, but havent seen the option on my n95...is this an upgrade or am i just looking past it?? any help much appreciated!!!!

Steve

;