Sony Xperia XA Dual F3116 – Support Forum Buy Now – SG$135.99

No more 2G in Australia! [Sony Xperia XA Dual F3116 - 288273]

• skris88

Will this phone still work in Dual SIM Standby mode in Australia without 2G?  So one SIM will be in 4G or 3G and the second SIM in also in 4G or 3G?  

(My current phone is also dual SIM but the second SIM will only operate in 2G mode.)  

I need a new dual SIM phone urgently!  

Thanks.

• Derek_W Staff

According to the information from Sony, the Sony Xperia XA Dual F3116 is Dual SIM Dual Standby (DSDS) http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiaxadual/kb/0231018807c614a08013cec540b570055ff/

When one SIM is assigned for mobile data, the other SIM supports 3G or 2G voice call. You can select which SIM card to handle data traffic from the dual SIM settings. For more details, please refer to the user guide http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiaxadual/userguide/Using-multiple-SIM-cards/

Most of the current dual SIM phones are having about the same dual-SIM capability except those clearly marked 2G only on 2nd SIM in the technical details, which should be some old models. Apart from that, most recent released dual SIM phones should support 3G/2G on 2nd SIM.

• skris88

It's not clear as that link you sent me also lists the dual SIM Sony T2 Ultra which I have, and has stopped working as dual SIM because the 2nd SIM must be in 2G mode which Australia doesn't have any more.

Is the Sony XA I buy from Expansys Australia guaranteed to have both SIMs working in 3G mode?

• Derek_W Staff

Yes, Sony Xperia XA Dual F3116 does support 3G or 2G voice call on the 2nd SIM. Additionally, we have sold this model to other market like JP where 2G has been terminated earlier than Australia and no customer has ever reported any problem about the usage on the 2nd SIM. We believe there shouldn't be problem to use 3G voice call on the 2nd SIM.

Just kindly reminding that since the network compatibility is always depending on the services provided by the mobile carriers, we would strongly recommend you to check with your local carrier for the network compatibility.

;