- Sony PHA-2A High-Resolution USB DAC Digital Sound Source Portable Headphone Amplifier
- Sony PHA-3 High-Resolution USB CAC Digital Sound Source Portable Headphone Amplifier
Please note that many of our devices are import versions and may not come with a local charger. In those cases, a plug adapter will be included in the box.
Sony PHA-1A Portable Hi-Res DAC/Headphone Amplifier Description
Experience digital music to the fullest with High-Resolution Audio. By capturing music at a higher rate than CD, increasing both audio samples per second and the bit-rate accuracy of each sample, High-Resolution Audio offers an uncompromised rendition of an artists' music. Savor every breath and subtle movement for a truly emotional experience.
[Superior sound with a dedicated USB DAC amp]
With a dedicated USB DAC amp connecting your headphones and compatible PC, smartphone, or Walkman, you'll enjoy higher-quality streaming of High-Resolution Audio. The amp takes over responsibility from your portable device for processing and converting digital data, then amplifies sound using its own integrated amplifier.
[PCM support for pure quality]
Get close to the original source. Supporting data volume that's about 6.5-times that of CD (44.1 kHz/16 bit), PCM (Pulse Code Modulation) handles up to 192 kHz/24 bit for a sampling rate and bit depth capable of reproducing wave characteristics that are very close to the original analog wave. In addition to providing clear reproduction of high frequencies, PCM also enables subtle nuances and resonance to be expressed with high fidelity.
[High-quality components for pure sound]
The digital source is converted to a pure, high-quality audible with a 192 kHz/24 bit capable DAC (WM8790), low-distortion low-noise operation amplifier (LME49860), high-power output high-fidelity headphone amplifier (TPA6120), and OCL amplifier output stage using two power supply methods.
[Wide frequency response for ultra clear harmonics]
The wideband frequency range - spanning 10 Hz to 100 kHz - is designed for today's broad variety of music styles. At the 100 kHz high end, you'll be able to enjoy vocal melodies, subtle audio harmonics and tonality in outstanding clarity, as well as feel sound beyond your natural hearing. This is especially relevant with High-Resolution Audio, which unlike CD and MP3 music, supports high frequencies up to 100 kHz for a more realistic, emotive sound.
[High-quality dedicated digital-to-analog converter (DAC)]
Digital-to-analog conversion is required by any audio device to convert digital data (such as music files) into an analog signal (to drive headphones or speakers). However, all DACs are not the same. Many portable devices incorporate DACs based on whether they fit within space and other limitations, but the PHA-1A is a dedicated device consisting of a high-performance DAC and amplifiers with the sole purpose of handling audio. That's why listening through the PHA-1A provides an audio experience that far surpasses listening through the built-in DAC of a smartphone, iPhone/iPod, or PC.
[Portable, lightweight design with durability]
Small and light at about 5.29 ounces the PHA-1A has a rugged aluminum case to protect it from everyday knocks and shocks. Rounded edges make it easy to hold when out and about. Comes with a silicone band for comfortable carrying along with your Walkman, Xperia, or iPhone.
Shipping Weight: 0.43kg
- Pocket Sized Amplifier Design
- 192 kHz/ 24-bit PCM Conversion
- Direct Digital Connection to Mobiles
- Wolfson DAC with Separate Headphone Amp
- Durable Aluminum Enclosure
- Immersive Three-Dimensional Sound
- Works With MDR-1A and Walkman A10
- Headphones with 40mm Drivers
- Works with High-Resolution Audio
- 8 Hours of Battery Life
- Compact and lightweight for easy portability and use, Hi-Res audio DAC/amplifier supports up to PCM 192kHz/24 bit, Direct Digital Connection for smartphones, DMPs, iOS devices, and PCs, Solid Sound: Wolfson DAC w/separate operational & headphone amps
- Selectable gain supports headphone impedance from 8 to 600 Ohm, Includes: Micro-USB and digital cables for Walkman and Xperia
- Sleek and durable aluminum enclosure for dependable performance, Built-in Lithium-ion battery for up to 6 hours battery life, Charge the PHA-1A and a Walkman while listening (requires cable, sold separately)
Sony PHA-1A Portable Hi-Res DAC/Headphone Amplifier Reviews
- POOR DESIGN
- Its really annoying when Big Brand companies release New products with old input ports.. Micro Usb instead of USB-C is a very poor design choice..